CHARLOTTE, NC – The Shaw University women's outdoor track and field team recorded eight top 10 finishes during the Johnson C. Smith University Invitational at the Irwin Belk Complex this weekend. Final results can be found here.
- Tearra Arrington (Newport News, VA) placed ninth in the 200-meter dash with a time of 25.56.
- Kaydi Ann Wint (Kingston, Jamaica) clocked 2:21.43 in the 800-meter dash for fifth place.
- Briona May (Hampton, VA) finished sixth in the 5000-meter run after crossing the finish line with a time of 23:28.69.
- Destinee Williams (Leesburg, FL) placed sixth with a time of 14.18 to provisionally qualify for nationals in the 100 meter hurdles.
- In the 4x100-meter relay, Shaw ran 48.35 for a third place finish. Williams, Tiffany Martin (Charlotte, NC), Yanika McCrea (Trout Hall, Jamaica) and LaCherie Clarke (Garner, NC) competed for the Lady Bears in the event.
- Kyla Sanders (Hampton, VA) grabbed eighth in the 400-meter hurdles with a time of 1:07.11.
- Tiara Derosa (Sandys, Bermuda) finished eighth in the shot put, throwing 11.78 meters. She recorded a throw of 39.99 meters in the discus for fifth place overall.
The Lady Bears travel to Greensboro, NC for the Aggie Invite on April 14-15.
For the most up-to-date information on Shaw women's outdoor track and field and its 13 varsity sport teams, please visit www.shawbears.com.