RALEIGH, N.C. – The Shaw University women's tennis team dropped a 7-0 to Catawba College Monday afternoon at Lions Park. The loss dips the Lady Bears to a 0-2 start for 2019 while the Indians improve to 4-0 on the season.
The Lady Bears fell in all three doubles before being swept in singles despite a team-best effort from junior Sirie Dibe (Tucumon, Argentina) who fell 6-4, 6-2 at the No. 2 spot.
The Lady Bears will return to action Tuesday, Feb. 19 at Meredith for a tilt beginning at 3 p.m.
For the most up-to-date information on Shaw women's tennis and its 13 varsity sport teams, please visit www.shawbears.com.
Catawba 7, Shaw 0
1. Erisa Onchi (CATW) def. MANTECON, Carmen (SU-W) 6-3, 6-2
2. Sophie Hirsch (CATW) def. DIBE, Siria (SU-W) 6-4, 6-2
3. Una Pandurevic (CATW) def. MANYONGA, Kundai (SU-W) 6-3, 6-1
4. Carolina Correia (CATW) def. FEKETE, Helena (SU-W) 6-2, 6-0
5. Olivia Wooldridge (CATW) def. JOVANOVIC, Teodora (SU-W) 6-1, 6-2
6. Lauren Laughton (CATW) def. OSTERMEIER, Eva (SU-W) 6-2, 6-0
1. Emily Corcoran/Erisa Onchi (CATW) def. MANTECON, Carmen/DIBE, Siria (SU-W) 6-1
2. Sophie Hirsch/Una Pandurevic (CATW) def. FEKETE, Helena/JOVANOVIC, Teodora (SU-W) 6-2
3. Lauren Laughton/Olivia Wooldridge (CATW) def. MANYONGA, Kundai/OSTERMEIER, Eva (SU-W) 6-0