Shaw Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
Intercollegiate athletics places unusual demands on student-athletes. Athletic and academic interests compete for the student-athlete’s time, energy, and attention. The Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) of Shaw University believes that colleges and universities can and must provide the opportunity for student-athletes to be both successful students and fulfilled athletes.
The Shaw University SAAC committee is made up of student-athletes assembled to provide insight on the student-athlete experience and offer input on the rules, regulations and policies that affect student-athletes' lives on campus.
Functions of campus SAACs:
- Promote communication between athletics administration and student-athletes.
- Disseminate information.
- Provide feedback and insight into athletics department issues.
- Generate a student-athlete voice within the campus athletics department formulation of policies.
- Build a sense of community within the athletics program involving all athletics teams.
- Solicit student-athlete responses to proposed conference and NCAA legislation.
- Organize community service efforts.
- Promote a positive student-athlete image on campus.
2020-21 Shaw Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
President: Da'Shawn Wallace (Football)
Vice President: Jasa Curry (Women's Soccer)
Secretary: Jada Flowers (Women's Volleyball)
Truth Taylor (Women's Basketball)
Maurille Beheton (Men's Basketball)
Jerome Boyce (Men's Soccer)
Domonique Higgins (Women's Outdoor Track and Field)
Thandi Kololo (Women's Tennis)
Panashe Garah (Men's Tennis)