GREENSBORO, N.C. – Shaw University women's outdoor track and field broke four school records at the Aggie Invitational hosted by North Carolina A&T State this weekend at the Irwin Belk Track. The Lady Bears had numerous personal records shattered as this weekend's events was by far one of the best showings Shaw has had collectively as a team on the year.
- Freshman Teyfah Saunders (Kingston, Jamaica) finished third overall in the javelin with a throw of 38.32m. In the shot put, Saunders received bronze with a mark of 14.04m also setting a new school's record and provisionally mark.
- Sophomore Tiarra Derosa (Sandy's, Bermuda) tabbed 10th at 12.35m in the shot put.
- Laquel Harris (Nassau, Bahamas) placed 14th in the shot put with a throw of 11.70m.
- Sophomore Kaydi-Ann Wint (Kingston, Jamaica) placed seventh (2:18.72) in the 800-meter run and 16th overall in the 400-meter finals with a time of 56.81 – setting a new school record.
- Junior La'Cherie Clarke (Garner, NC) broke the school record in the 200-meter run with a time of 24.79. She completed the race 27th overall.
- Junior Kyla Sanders (Hampton, VA) finished 13th in the 400-meter hurdles after a time of 1:07.48 and freshman Damoni Neal (Newport News, VA) rounded out top-20 at 18th overall in the same event with a time of 1:09.59.
- The Lady Bears 4x400 relay team stepped it up, setting a new program record at 3:52.41.
Shaw will return to action Friday, Apr. 21 at the Virginia State University Invitational in Ettrick, VA.
For the most up-to-date information on Shaw women's outdoor track and field and its 13 varsity sport teams, visit www.shawbears.com.