CHARLOTTE, N.C. – The Shaw University women's outdoor track and field team took home two individual victories at the JCSU Invite hosted by Johnson C. Smith University on Saturday afternoon at the Irwin Belk Complex. Sophomore Kaydi-Ann Wint (Kingston, Jamaica) won the 800-meter run with a completion time of 2:20.56 – her second first place finish of the season and freshman standout Tyefah Saunders (Kingston, Jamaica) won her third first place event of the season with the number one overall spot in the shot put with a mark of 13.69m.
- Wint finished second overall in the 400-meter run with a time of 57.96, while junior La'Cherie Clarke (Garner, NC) placed sixth (59.94).
- Freshman Damoni Neal (Newport News, VA) completed the 400-meter race in eighth place overall with a time of 1:00.48.
- Senior Tearra Arrington (Newport News, VA) placed ninth in the 200-meter race after a completion time of 25.90.
- Sophomore Tiarra Derosa (Sandy's, Bermuda) grabbed a third place finish in the shot put with a throw of 12.15m.
- Freshman Laquel Harris (Nassau, Bahamas) earned an eight place spot in the shot put (11.04m).
Next up, Shaw will compete in the Aggie Invite hosted by North Carolina A&T State the weekend of Apr. 13 in Greensboro, N.C.
For the most up-to-date information on Shaw women's outdoor track and field and its 13 varsity sport teams, visit www.shawbears.com.